Goal 1 – Greater access to community controlled comprehensive primary health care services
- Promote the Aboriginal community controlled health sector’s model of comprehensive primary health care
- Play leadership role in the ongoing reform of Aboriginal primary health care, working through the NTAHF and other forums
- Support emerging auspiced community controlled government services and communities that want to transition to community control
- Develop and contribute to system wide clinical and public health initiatives, business systems and continuous quality improvement.
Goal 2 – Strong and supported AMSANT members
- Plan, coordinate and deliver support services that meet the needs of members and prioritise those most in need
- Provide leadership and support to members to strengthen financial management, business management, and governance systems
- Support members to improve and maintain information systems
- Support members to implement national initiatives
- Improve reporting and documentation of member support activities
- Share ideas, resources and data across the sector to promote best practice and innovation.
Goal 3 – Skilled and sustainable workforce
- Develop and contribute to planned workforce development strategies in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Promote initiatives that increase the recruitment, retention and training of Aboriginal people and support career pathways
- Strengthen leadership in Aboriginal health, including through identifying and supporting emerging leaders.
Goal 4 – Effective relationships and cooperation
- Proactively engage with government on policy and program priorities
- Strengthen cooperative partnerships with key stakeholders, contributing expertise and advice on Aboriginal health care
- Build AMSANT profile, reputation and brand, drawing on 40 years demonstrated success in Aboriginal community controlled health care
- Implement marketing, communications and media relations strategies to support engagement with key stakeholders and advance AMSANT’s objectives.
Goal 5 – Health care will be informed by research and data and fosters innovation
- Build an evidence base of what works in Aboriginal health, underpinned by quality research and data
- Use research and data to demonstrate value and effectiveness of the sector and advocate for change
- Form strong research partnerships and collaborations to maximise value
- Support member organisations to make better use of data to improve service planning and delivery.
Goal 6 – Strong, sustainable and accountable organisation
- Enhance AMSANT corporate governance to better manage risk and deliver on the organisation’s objectives
- Increase sustainability through effective financial management and strategies to grow and diversify funding
- Support and develop AMSANT’s workforce through effective HR management practices
- Align and improve business structures, processes and systems
- Ensure effective strategic and operational planning and reporting mechanisms are in place to manage change, growth and development